Contact: Pedro Velasco
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 18th, 2021
Roll-2-Roll Technologies LLC announces new camera technology for web detection
Roll-2-Roll Technologies introduces ODC Linear Camera product line for web guiding and monitoring
Stillwater, OK, October 18th, 2021 – Roll-2-Roll Technologies LLC is launching its line of single dimension cameras for web edge and contrast detection. ODC Linear Cameras will replace the WPS line of sensor products for web guiding and monitoring, offering improved capabilities, and a cost effective alternative compared to traditional vision systems and laser profile solutions to the converting industry. The ODC Linear Cameras have already been shipped out to customers with applications that traditional sensors cannot provide a solution.
Features and Benefits of ODC Linear Cameras
- New and improved CMOS line scan camera with high dynamic range
- Elimination of motion blur with a global shutter
- Up to 4x the scan rate compared to WPS
- Improved sensitivity to pick hard to sense materials and low contrast difference
- Same enclosure profile as the WPS line of sensor products. Low profile allows for placement in restricted spaces in converting lines where other sensors cannot be used.
- When combined with the soon to be released SCU6 controller, ODC can provide 8x the dynamic range for superior edge detection and contrast detection
- Drop-in functional replacement to existing WPS products with same cabling
- Web guiding: Edge, line, center, pattern and contrast guiding
- Web width measurement
- Flag detection
- Registration mark detection
- Product length measurement
- Tear detection
- Simple automated defect detection
ODC Linear Cameras are available with measurement ranges from 48 mm up to 768 mm. Light sources include: Infrared for mostly edge detection and high contrast applications, White Light (broadband) for visible contrast detection, and UV for fluorescent contrast applications. Additional LED light sources are available on request. Hardware camera resolution of 0.0635 mm (0.0025”) or 0.127 mm (0.005”). Higher firmware resolution of up to 0.015875 mm (0.000625”) available upon request.
ODC Linear Cameras will work with existing SCU5 controllers with a firmware update. Two ODC 768 can be used with a single SCU5 controller to provide a total coverage of 1536 mm (60.5”). There are additional options and increased capabilities with the soon to be released SCU6 controller.
ODC Linear Cameras are now available for ordering and immediate delivery.
Aravind Seshadri, President of Roll-2-Roll Technologies indicated: “Our commitment has always been to invest in research that will provide solutions to our customer’s problems; ODC Linear Cameras is a result of that commitment. We knew customers had issues with difficult to detect materials and they often used expensive camera systems to solve those problems. We came up with an inexpensive camera system that is easy to install and operate, and can be used with our existing controller platform.”
Online demos of the product and applications can be scheduled by contacting us through our website.
Roll-2-Roll Technologies LLC invites all converters and related industries to visit its website at https://r2.tech periodically to keep updated on new products and development, and its library of instructional papers and videos.
Roll-2-Roll Technologies LLC provides the most advanced and simple to use web positioning sensor technology for the converting industry and general automation. The nimble technical company, we are the disruptors of the web handling industry for the benefit of our customers.
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Pedro Velasco at 405-726-0731 or email at email@example.com. Visit the company website at r2r.tech for additional resources, whitepapers and instructional videos.